Yule Log Cake Tea & Choco
November 12, 2017 4:32:00 PM PST
Yule Log Cake Chocolate ganache and Tea*
What you need?
For the sponge cake
½ cup of granulated sugar
¾ cup Flour
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
For the Tea & Chocolate “Ganache”
2 cups liquid cream
½ cup Butter
What you have to do?
Prepare the “Ganache”: The night before
- Make the liquid cream and bring it to a boil and let it infuse with the tea for at least 5 minutes.
- Filter the tea and pour the hot cream on the chocolate.
- Mix it until the chocolate melts.
- Put the ganache in the fridge over night.
- The day after, warm up the ganache and add the butter.
Preparing the Sponge Cake
- Wisk the eggs and sugar.
- When the mix is foamy add the flour.
- On non-stick paper pour the mix up to ½ inch approximately.
- Let it bake for 10 min at 350°F.
- Take a humid paper towel, add on top of greaseproof paper the size of the sponge cake and add some sugar on it. When the sponge cake is done transfer it to the new non-stick paper, remove the old one and roll your cake. Let it cool down. Your sponge cake should be perfect without any cracks.
Prepare the Yule Log Cake
- On the cold sponge cake, spread ¾ of the chocolate ganache on the sponge cake and roll the cake
- To decorate use a spatula, pastry bag or a fork for the yule log cake with the rest of the ganache
I recommend you making this yule log cake at least 48 hours before eating it.
* Inspire by lefigaro.fr "Madame Cuisine "
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in