How make your kombucha?
November 7, 2017 4:39:26 PM PST
How I make my Kombucha?
Kombucha is a beverage produced by fermenting sweet tea with a culture of yeast and bacteria, it is very simple to make you just need to find some kombucha scoby, which can be the hardest part in the entire recipe. After you find it everything will be so simple and economical, you will just have to follow our recipe.
What you need?
3 ½ quart of water
8 tablespoons of our black tea Cooroodoowatte BOP1
1 cup of cane sugar
2 cups of starter Kombucha tea (from you previous Kombucha Tea or from the store take a non-flavor, non-pasteurized kombucha)
1 scoby per fermentation (you can buy it online or in specialized shop)
Which equipment do you need?
1 big jar of 1 gallon
1 big jar of 1 quart
1 big sterile gauze pad or a piece of clean tea towel
6 clean glass bottles of 16oz
1 small funnel
What will you have to do?
- Bring the water to a boil. When it’s boiling turn off the fire and pour it in a big bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix it.
- Add the tea and let it infuse for at least 10 minutes, after the tea is done filter it. Let it cool down for a few hours.
- When the tea is cold, add the kombucha starter and mix it.
- Pour everything in the big jar of 1 gallon, add the scoby. Cover the jar with a gauze pad and the elastic.
- Put the jar in your kitchen cabinet, keep it from light for 10 days.
- After 10 days, remove the scoby and put it on the side, it should be sparkling and have the taste of cider vinegar, if your drink is too sweet, leave it for a few more days.
- When it’s ready put it in the glass bottle and keep it in the fridge. You can keep it for up to 2 months.
- Put the rest of the Kombucha in the jar and let it ferment for few more days to beging a 2nd fermentation. It will be your Kombucha starter tea for next time.
- If you want to aromatize your kombucha here are some ideas.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in